Tingley Rubber Corporation is an ISO 9001 certified company located in Piscataway, NJ. Our vision is to be the premier and trusted provider of protective footwear and clothing products and services.
Protecting generations of workers since 1896, we have supplied quality products for industrial and retail customers. It’s 119 years later and our principles are the same – giving our customers outstanding service and a quality product at a competitive price.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reporting to our Vice President of Marketing, we are recruiting for a proven Product Development Manager to gather new product ideals, evaluate their potential and practicality and coordinate the initial stages of the development of new products. This will include the financial, engineering and manufacturing aspects involved in the planning and development of new products and their successful introduction into the market.
• Developing new products and product line extensions/features from conception to completion.
• Performing leadership role with cross-functional product team throughout the development and management cycle for new product realization, product design, project planning and timely release of new products.
• Performing the role of Project Manager on assigned projects, preparing and maintaining project schedules and ISO documentation throughout the • development process from sample (prototype) to production.
• Interfacing directly with material and manufacturing suppliers to direct product development; conducting on-site visits to manage and resolve development issues with Supply Chain support.
• Assisting in the identification and validation of new suppliers or technology companies that would play strongly in the company’s future and creation of • competitively advantaged new products.
• Preparing Product Design Inputs (PRD) and product specifications for new products.
• Working with external laboratory testing and prototype field trials to validate design inputs, product reliability and function.
• Working closely with field sales and customers to identify new product opportunities and market requirements.
What You Need
• Bachelor’s degree in Product or Textile Design
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in garment/apparel for work/outdoor wear
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong working knowledge of graphics design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop or comparable computer aided design (CAD) programs
• Ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills
What We Offer
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• 401(k), company match
• Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, RX, flexible spending account, life, disability, tuition assistance
Please email resume as a Word or PDF document including salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE M/F/D/V. Relocation expenses are not offered with these opportunities.
Tingley Rubber Corporation
1551 S. Washington Avenue, Suite 403
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tingley Rubber Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.