DuraScrim Hooded Jacket
High strength, low cost
Double coated PVC on polyester jacket with hood offers durability at an economical price. Extremely high tear strength is the result of an open weave polyester scrim fabric being sandwiched between two layers of flame-resistant PVC coating.
Ideal Applications: Light Chemical, Construction, Utilities, Agriculture, Food Processing, General Industry
Chemical Resistance: Many acids, oils, alcohols, salts and alkalies
● 90° sleeve-to-body angle full cut shoulder maximizes freedom of movement
● 100% waterproof Therm-O-Rad sealed seams for chemical splash protection
● Storm fly front seals out wind, rain, and contaminants
● Attached hood
● Self material collar resists contamination
● Take-up snaps on sleeves for adjustable fit
● Non-conductive, non-corrosive hardware
● Thicker outside coating for better abrasion resistance
● Lighter interior coating protects fabric from chemical contamination
● Mildew resistant
● Achieved a passing result for ASTM F1671 resistance to viral penetration
● Flame resistant tested. Self-extinguishing with flameout and afterglow less than or equal to 2 seconds after removal of ignition source and char length less than 6 inches. Test method ASTM D6413.
*California residents: Proposition 65 warning
Works well for the most part
Have used the jacket lately in more-or-less continuous rain, for multiple hours on end in varying intensities, and it has largely kept me dry; withholding that fifth star because one of the exterior button covers (third lowest of the four visible in the photo) somehow popped off while I was engaged in routine cargo handling outdoors, which in turn led to the snap closure coming completely off the jacket.