Sigma Metatarsal Boot
ITEM # MB816B
The industry's most advanced rubber metatarsal guard boot
The 16 inch rubber Sigma® metatarsal boot is flexible and comfortable in the toughest of work environments. Rubber metatarsal boots are often worn on uneven terrain which can lead to ankle injuries. Tingley has designed an internal support system in the critical areas of the heel and ankle to help mitigate the occurrence of injuries.
Ideal Applications: Mining, Manufacturing, Quarrying, Gravel Pits, and Construction.
Chemical Resistance: Acids, alcohols, bases, and diluted water solutions of most chemicals that are water soluble. Not recommended for constant contact with petroleum and oil based products.
● Meets ASTM F2413 M/I/C EH* PR for steel toe impact and compression, metatarsal impact, puncture resistance, and electrical hazard protection.
● Abrasion resistant rubber in key exposure areas for improved performance and durability.
● Retro reflective band provides 360° visibility.
● Made of ozone resistant rubber to reduce premature cracking.
● Floating metatarsal guard provides flexible protection even when bending, kneeling, and crawling.
● Internal ankle support system to help reduce injury.
● Contour polyurethane insole absorbs moisture and shock.
● Sure grip cleated outsole has excellent abrasion and slip resistance.
● Snugleg last design hugs the foot for all day working comfort.
* Boot shall withstand 18,000 volts at 60 HZ for 1 minute with no current flow or leakage current in excess of 1.0 milliamperes under dry conditions tested as per lab conditions in Test Method F2413.
Electrical Hazard soles and heels are intended to reduce the hazards due to accidental contact with live electrical circuits, electrically energized conductors, parts, or apparatus. Electric Hazard soles and heels are not intended for wear in those work environments where volatile chemicals or explosives may be present, where conductive footwear is required.
Warning: Electric Hazard features of the soles and heels will deteriorate in wet environments and when worn with excessive wear on the soles and heels.
ASTM F2413 is the standard Specification for Performance Requirements for Protective (Safety) Toe Cap Footwear
Its very confortable, strong and good quality, thanks for produce this exclusive products. Im very happy. Alfredo
In the spring we have what's called "mud season" up here. Normally I would Wesco Jobmasters, but when you are sinking in the mud all day long trooping through the woods it got old cleaning them up. The protection is good while logging and the metatarsal protection has served me well when I've dropped wood on my feet. At first the support was bad, but the boots ran wide enough I was able to put in some athletic insoles. That one adjustment made for great support and they are comfortable to be in all day long. Being rubber they don't breathe well, but that's the point to keep the cold wet moisture out.
I just purchased these boot at the end of September and they are already leaking the the loop to pull up the boot has broke off. I'm incredibly frustrated after all the money spent on these.
Dry feet at the end of shift, is very desirable. Walking all day, up and down hills, very comforting with these.
I am a coal miner and I've been through three pairs of these boots. They could be the best boot I've found if the material around the toe and sole was stronger. It has separated between the sole/toe and the boot on every pair. Other than that the quality and fit are amazing. Would recommend use in a less demanding environment.