Winter-Tuff 2 Buckle Ice Traction Overshoe
ITEM # 4250
When winter hits hard, hit back with Winter-Tuff Ice Traction Overshoes
100% waterproof Winter-Tuff® ice traction overshoes feature seamless, vulcanized rubber and fit right over your work boots to protect them from harsh winter conditions. A large gusset opening, wide width, and a high toe box give ample room for oversized work boots, while five position, non-corrosive steel buckles allow for a fine-tuned fit. Twenty-eight permanently embedded tungsten carbide studs grab the ice and snow for sure-footed winter traction.
Ideal Applications: Railroads, Utilities, DOTs, Municipalities, Construction, and General Industry.
Chemical Resistance: Acids, caustics, alcohols, salt spray, and most dilute solutions of water-soluble chemicals.
Warning: Not recommended for use indoors. Studs can scratch floor surfaces.
● 5 inch height Traction Overshoe.
● Set-in heel securely positions your feet when climbing and descending ladder rungs.
● 28 heavy-duty tungsten carbide traction studs won’t break, rust or corrode.
● Unique, patent-pending stud-lock™ construction keeps traction studs in place.
● Heel kick for hands free removal.
● Two non-corrosive, metal buckles are quick-release and have five position adjustability for excellent fit.
● Reflective accents provide enhanced visibility in low light conditions.
I have long, narrow feet with no arches, so I need to wear size 15-D shoes which have no heel so the shoes are flat on the bottom. At age 75, I have also developed balance problems, so to clear the snow from my sloped driveway in wanted the studded overshoes. Because of this I needed the size 16 overshoes, but I cannot close their buckles. So I attached two strips of velcro on each overshoe and had my shoe-repair shop sew in the one-side of the strips to attach to the rubber. With the velcro strips I can hold them closed enough to walk on my driveway to blow away the snow. I realize this is a very detailed answer, but wanted to explain what was needed to use the overshoes effectively. I thank Tingley for making the overshoes, but hope they will take my idea for future products. Tingley, have you ever considered adding velcro strips instead of buckles or zippers - that could be a great benefit to the elderly or others with difficulties with overshoes! Jim Lohr, Iowa